THIS ROLE HAS BEEN FILLED, HOWEVER… If you are very keen, still feel free to apply as we may be looking for similar roles in the future
Apply your talent and experience in 3D information visualization and design to create a unique app
Anywhere (though Sydney applicants have an advantage)
Estimate 2 weeks total work: one week at project outset and one week close to end of iOS development.
The iPad app will allow users to create, modify, animate & share a 3D landscape.
The 3D landscape is a set of Objects with links that represent Relationships, positioned in a 3D Environment. Each of these elements has user-defined properties.
Create: The 3D landscape is created from a set of objects, including auto-positioning of the objects within 3D space
Modify: Users can modify previously created landscapes from a library of templates
Animate: Users can apply pre-defined camera animations to the landscapes
Share: Users can export and share the landscapes as a custom file format, image snapshot, and potentially video sequence
A more detailed specification will be provided upon hiring.
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive experience in creating 2D and 3D art assets for interactive software, and able to point to a relevant portfolio
- Experience with one or more 3D modelling/animation packages such as Maya, 3DS Max, Lightwave, and Blender
- Understanding of and experience with information visualization techniques and philosophies
- Experience with texture creation and mapping using Photoshop
- Understanding and experience of the Unity 3D art pipeline, particularly the use of imported FBX files
- Very good at remote project collaboration and a high level of communication
- Development skills will be highly regarded, however we expect to also work with a Unity developer on this project
Successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Visual design via concept art, test renders and animatics
- Creation of all art assets including 2D images textures, 3D models and animation using original work and stock catalog content where appropriate
Hourly rate plus profit share.
Please apply on the application form.
NOTE that we are looking for portfolios or other clear evidence of relevant 3D information visualization and design experience.
Be sure to read our working principles to understand:
- Why we believe in talent and expect excellence
- Lean startup principles
- How we reward our team, including profit share
- The application process, including tests, trials, and deeper engagement