Design user-controllable and evolutionary algorithms
Ideally Sydney but open to the right candidates from anywhere in the world
Flexible, likely 1-2 days per week
We are planning a number of algorithm-based web development projects, and are looking for someone who can implement evolving algorithm platforms.
The projects include a distributed work platform, reputation systems, platforms for news and social media filtering based on a combination of human and algorithmic filtering, workflow engines, and value-add marketplaces.
We operate on lean startup principles and are looking for highly modular design which will quickly generate useful functionality and allow incremental addition of functionality and complexity over time.
Many of the projects will draw on APIs, in particular from social media platforms.
Note that this role could be combined with or work closely with our Outstanding SaaS and web architect/ project manager role.
- Ability to create highly parameterized algorithms
- Experience with social media mining and using a wide variety of APIs
- Experience with text mining and preferably natural language processing
- Deep experience in Python/ Django or Ruby on Rails preferred but we are open to candidates who specialize in other platforms
- Experience designing reputation systems
- Experience with genetic and evolutionary algorithms and machine learning
- Good understanding of network analysis and visualization
- Use of 3D and other visualization libraries
- Post-graduate level mathematics
Hourly rate plus profit share.
Please apply on the application form.
Be sure to read our working principles to understand:
- Why we believe in talent and expect excellence
- Lean startup principles
- How we reward our team, including profit share
- The application process, including tests, trials, and deeper engagement