Help create exceptional high-profile content for a global audience
Sydney (though we could be open to exceptional candidates from elsewhere)
Primary role is intended to be flexible 1 to 4 days per week; this could evolve into full-time. We could be open to project-based work for some remote candidates.
Across our companies we produce a significant range of content, including articles, blog posts, reports, books, videos, data visualisations, conceptual frameworks, 3D visualisations, interactive web widgets and other content, all focused on the future of business, technology and society.
We are looking one or more highly intelligent people who can work with chairman Ross Dawson and other team members to assist us in framing, researching, producing and editing content in a variety of formats. The work is likely to be extremely diverse, so we are looking for someone multi-talented.
The background of successful candidates could include journalism, research, web publishing, social media agency, creative project management, senior executive assistants, online marketing or other domains. What is critical is demonstrating the ability to create extremely high-quality content, with particularly strong skills in at least one of writing, quantitative research, and interactive web.
We are also open to applications from highly talented young people for roles which would include content creation as well as administrative tasks.
There are a range of skills, experience and capabilities that will be valuable for this role. Our emphasis is on finding talent rather than specific experience. We are primarily looking for:
- High intelligence and ability to understand and communicate complex concepts
- Exceptional attention to detail and highly structured thinking
- Highly sophisticated in the use or creation of web technologies
- Excellent at working with a highly distributed team of talented creative people
- Deep interest in the future, emerging technologies and business
– Highly desirable (need at least three of these)
- Experience with web and/or print publishing
- Excellent writing and/or editing skills
- Good understanding of and experience with social media, especially content marketing
- Strong quantitative skills and experience in structured information research and formatting
- Understanding of data visualisation methodologies
- Experience in high-quality web video production
- Experience using crowdsourcing platforms such as Odesk, Elance or Freelancer.com
– Highly regarded
- Experience in website development and marketing
- Experience with 3D design and projects
- Experience with mobile/ iOS projects
- Experience in PR
- Understanding of network analysis
Hourly rate plus profit share.
Please apply on the application form.
Be sure to read our working principles to understand:
- Why we believe in talent and expect excellence
- Lean startup principles
- How we reward our team, including profit share
- The application process, including tests, trials, and deeper engagement