A PR/ media professional to do media outreach for a leading futurist and a small group of companies specialising in technology and the future.
Preferably Sydney, for the right candidate could be elsewhere in Australia
Around 2 days per month, spread across planned and opportunistic media outreach.
Our primary media focus is on TV news/ current affairs programs, as well as some other media channels. We are looking for someone who has worked in TV news production or has strong relationships in the field.
The primary role is to follow up on our releases and alerts to make key staff on the relevant programs aware of the story ideas, as well as to spot opportunities to piggy-back on current stories and draft relevant releases. It is critical to be able to understand and communicate well about a wide range of possible stories about the future, including on the future of technology, society, social media and far more.
The futurist already appears regularly in leading Australian and global media. This role is not about developing a PR strategy. We are sophisticated, have good media relationships, have a clear strategy in place, and have quality messages and releases. What we need now is the ability to get those stories to the right people. We are of course also keen to tap the full capabilities of whoever we work with in a highly collaborative relationship.
We are looking for:
- Experience and good relationships with Australian TV news and current affairs production teams
- Energy to proactively reach out to key contacts across Australian media
- Ability to work collaboratively with us in framing and communicating key messages
- Deep interest in and understanding of leading-edge futuristic ideas
We will pay a reasonable day rate for around 2-3 days work per month.
Please apply on the application form.
Be sure to read our working principles to understand:
- Why we believe in talent and expect excellence
- Lean startup principles
- How we reward our team, including profit share
- The application process, including tests, trials, and deeper engagement