Design and implement scalable SaaS platforms
Ideally Sydney but we may be open to exceptional candidates from anywhere
Flexible, likely 1-2 days per week
We are planning a number of SaaS and other web development projects, and are looking for one or more people who can help establish project architectures and manage external developers in running web projects.
The projects include a distributed work platform, reputation systems, platforms for news and social media filtering based on a combination of human and algorithmic filtering, workflow engines, and value-add marketplaces.
We operate on lean startup principles and are looking for highly modular design which will quickly generate useful functionality and allow incremental addition of functionality and complexity over time.
Note that this role could be combined with or work closely with our Super-smart, experienced algorithm designer role.
- Ability to design fully scalable back-ends for sophisticated web/ SaaS projects
- Experience in building highly modular web systems
- Experience in implementing PaaS such as Heroku and code development environments such as GitHub
- Excellent at working with front-end designers for great UX
- Experience with a wide variety of APIs
- Deep experience in Python/ Django or Ruby on Rails preferred but we are open to candidates who specialize in other platforms
Hourly rate plus profit share.
Please apply on the application form.
Be sure to read our working principles to understand:
- Why we believe in talent and expect excellence
- Lean startup principles
- How we reward our team, including profit share
- The application process, including tests, trials, and deeper engagement