Help create a reference publication on directions and opportunities for the news industry globally
Anywhere (though we always especially like people in Sydney!)
Flexible part-time roles to suit the right applicants
We are launching a subscription web publication on the future of news. It will offer:
- Insightful commentary on directions in the news industry
- Analysis and reports on important issues in the news industry
- Data and comparisons on the news industry in countries around the world
- Conversations in a community of senior industry peers
We need one or more project managers/ editors who can help launch the publication, working with Group Chairman Ross Dawson and a distributed team of specialists.
We are looking for a diverse set of capabilities, and are interested in anyone who can excel in at least one of these domains:
- Project managing the launch and efficient development of a world-class web publication
- Project managing building the back and front end of a data aggregation system
- Editing, supervising or writing insightful research and analysis on the future of the news industry
Experience working with crowds or distributed teams is highly valued.
Please point to publications that you have worked on or helped to launch.
Hourly rate, or by the piece for some analysis projects. We will consider offering a monthly pay rate for the right person.
All contributors to the project will receive a profit share.
Please apply on the application form.
Be sure to read our working principles to understand:
- Why we believe in talent and expect excellence
- Lean startup principles
- How we reward our team, including profit share
- The application process, including tests, trials, and deeper engagement