Create compelling content on the team of one of the world’s leading futurists
Location: Can be anywhere, Sydney candidates have an advantage
Scope: Part-time/ project-based
One of the world’s leading futurists, Ross Dawson, is looking for a talented researcher/ writer to help create compelling content related to futures studies.
One project is to compile information on what is happening in futures and foresight globally. This will include giving an overview of activities in government and cities futures programs, in tertiary education foresight programs, and futures-related associations.
Another strand is in providing broader views of the impact of futures thinking and futurists on society, for example through science-fiction novels and films and the work of prominent futurists.
We are also considering creating compact reports on the future of various industries, drawing on frameworks created by Ross Dawson.
Ideally we are looking for someone with strong detail-oriented research capabilities as well as the ability to write engaging content. However we are open to candidates whose primary strength is in one of these domains. In all cases demonstrated experience in future-oriented domains is essential.
We are looking for:
- A passion for creating a positive future
- Experience in futurist or future-oriented work
- Strong experience with detail-oriented research
- Demonstrated ability to write in a clear, engaging style on future-oriented topics
- Completely reliable, good team communicator, great collaborator
- Able to do voice calls during 9am – 6pm Sydney time
Initially most likely by the hour. We will also consider a reasonable fee for each article or report, or for ongoing work a monthly retainer is possible. If content generates direct revenue e.g. for paid reports, royalties may also be paid.
Please apply on the application form.
Be sure to read our working principles to understand:
- Why we believe in talent and expect excellence
- Lean startup principles
- How we reward our team
- The application process, including tests, trials, and deeper engagement