NOTE: This role has been filled, but if you wish to apply we will consider you for future roles.
Help produce world-class video and other content working with a futurist with global visibility
Candidates based in Bondi or Sydney will be very strongly favoured.
However we are open to candidates working from anywhere as long as they have significant overlap with Sydney working hours.
Likely 1-3 hours per day, scope could increase as projects develop.
We are looking for a multi-talented production, content and social media assistant to help futurist and entrepreneur Ross Dawson on his content and community projects, including:
- The Virtual Excellence Show, currently a video show, also to launch as a podcast.
- Bondi Innovation Alliance, which will shortly launch a community content platform.
- Futurist resources and other research-based future-oriented content.
- Other future-related video, web, and social content projects.
Core activities are likely to include:
- Helping produce content for The Virtual Excellence Show YouTube channel
- Researching and co-ordinating show topics, assets and footage
- Simple video editing and co-ordinating video production
- Managing podcast workflow
- Managing workflow for posting to YouTube, WordPress sites and social streams
- Co-ordinating and executing social media activity
- Researching future-oriented topics
- Working with designers and web project specialists
- Helping build compelling website content and engaged online communities
- Assisting with other projects and helping launch new content projects
The successful candidate will be working with a team of local and remote specialists.
The core capabilities we are looking for are:
- Highly intelligent and passionate about the potential of technology and the future
- Extremely reliable, responsive and detail-oriented
- Familiar with video production workflow and capable of simple video editing, preferably experienced with YouTube
- Preferably some exposure to podcasting and/or audio production
- Experienced across social media platforms with a strong sense for building social media engagement
- Able to frame and perform basic research into virtual platforms and technologies
- Comfortable with WordPress and managing web contennt
- Strong design sense and familiar with Canva or similar image-editing tools
If you have other related skills and talents, we will try to use them!
The successful candidate will have worked with professional video or other content production, preferably in a highly-demanding environment.
ALL applications must be made on our application form.
Be sure to read our working principles to understand:
- Why we believe in talent and expect excellence
- Lean startup principles
- How we reward our team
- The application process, including tests, trials, and deeper engagement
We may offer promising candidates paid trials.